by Nicolas Guérin for Le Petit Voyeur Art Book Vol. 1
















Le Petit Voyeur Art Book Vol. 1 - "Malice"

Photography / Nicolas Guérin
Art Direction / Sheri Chiu
Makeup / Emilie Plume
Model / Sheri Chiu and Nicolas Guérin
Photo Assistants / Emma Birski, Aurélie Gosset, and Marilou

Special thanks to Human Chuo, Axelle Migé, Christian Attuly, and Elisa Palmer



Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. When I look at the person I was yesterday, I hardly recognize her. Frankly, she's someone I don't want to know. She was awful. She leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, yet she has constructed so much of who I am today. I reject yesterday. I suppose there's no use in going back. 

Alice wouldn't have entered Wonderland if she wasn't a little mad. Usually, the best people are. This photo shoot "Malice" was a highly personal exploration of losing grip with reality and spiraling down the rabbit hole of disillusions. In my Wonderland, I was trapped in my own toxic madness. The curious thing is that I needed it as much as  I needed to dream of an ideal love and paradise - even if they were all artificial with no real foundation. I wanted to believe a hundred impossible things before breakfast, and I wanted to believe that it would never end. Forever was just one second. I guess imagination was the only weapon against reality. 

I am eternally grateful for this opportunity of exploring internal complexity through art. With our lovely team, we made our visions into reality. I will always be thankful and proud of Nicolas for supporting and inspiring me, no matter how much I've lost my way. 

The funny thing is, now that I've emerged from the rabbit hole, a part of me prefers not knowing that the outside world exists. What would Plato say about that? 

Curiouser and curiouser. 

Comments

Popular Posts