Etymology

So I've been receiving many questions regarding the name of my blog, and I'm here to answer them!

Just kidding, no one asked me anything. I don't even know who reads this.

But I thought it'd be a good topic for a fresh post.

It was spring break 2010, somewhere on the outskirts of Paris. Morning. Mister Guerin searched for the honey jar in the cupboard, only to later find it sitting inside the refrigerator. No longer a delicious viscous, the honey hardened. I put the honey in the fridge the day before. Don't put honey in the fridge.

After a party Mister Guerin graciously threw for me (which involved hearty amounts of cheese (you HAVE to see how much cheese a French supermarket carries, it's one long long long aisle of just cheese, not milk or yogurt or eggs, just cheese!), an assortment of meats, baguettes, and arugula), we sorted the empty bottles of wine and vodka. One bottle of red wine was still half full, so I placed it in the fridge. The next morning, I was told that red wine doesn't belong in there. Don't put red wine in the fridge.

I decided to name my blog HONEY AND RED WINE because it serves as a reminder to do things right. I may have placed certain items in incorrect places because I was unaware and ignorant, but after placing the honey in the fridge, I realized it wasn't supposed to be put there in the first place. I suppose this blog is a way for me to write about my experiences, both exciting and dull, lively and sad, hopeful and depressing to work through what I need to do correctly, what I need to do better.

I guess we all learn not to do something by actually doing it first.

Comments

  1. I love this post so much. And I love how your blog name comes from something so well-thought over :) so glad that there are people out there who have so much insight

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts